KAPISANAN seeks Marketing and Communications Intern
POSITION AVAILABLE @ KAPISANAN: Marketing and Communications INTERN
REPORTS TO: Programs Coordinator, Administrator, Executive Director and will be working along side the KAPISANAN Outreach Committee
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Kapisanan is seeking interns for its Marketing and Communications team. Interns will play a key role in the overall public relations efforts of KAPISANAN. The Marketing and Communications Internship provides a learning experience during which interns participate in all aspects of planning and coordinating marketing, promotions, and outreach for all KAPISANAN programming, events, and projects. During this program you will have an opportunity to gain experience in the filed and enhance your skills while working under the direction of professional mentors.
This is a great opportunity for you to gain invaluable experience in marketing with a vibrant and growing organization!
RESPONSIBLITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Assist in coordinating KAPISANAN Marketing and Communications Plan draft for 2010
• Assist in writing and distribution of press releases, media advisories, and other internal and external communication material
• Assist Outreach Committee to draft, edit, and distribute marketing collateral materials. This includes copy for newsletters, website, flyers, brochures, as well as spotlight videos, and other media presentations
• Assist in overseeing branding to refine and strengthen KAPISANAN identity and image
• Assist in identifying corporate partners through sponsorships, special events and other cause-related marketing and development opportunities
– Communicate regularly with Executive Director on the status of the tasks assigned.
– Complete all tasks in a timely fashion with high quality of work.
– Ability to work at least three full days in the Kapisanan office per week for a 3 month period, plus attend various KAPISANAN events.
– Carry out all responsibilities in a professional, timely and effective manner.
– Be organized and responsible professional with the ability to function as a team member.
– Good organizational and time-management skills; able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Perform any other duties, carry out any other requests as directed by the Executive Director
QUALIFICATIONS / INTERESTS:
We are seeking a dynamic, committed young person who is:
• Keen interest or some background in the arts and culture production.
• In-depth understanding of Filipino & Filipino-Canadian culture, experience, and struggles
• Actively pursuing or completed Bachelor of Arts/ MBA degree in Business, Marketing, or a keen interest in pursuing a career in Marketing and Communications, Public Relations, or related fields.
• Well-organized and self-motivated
• Strong communications skills, oral and written
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Some knowledge of Adobe CS4 (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), though we are willing to train.
The Kapisanan Philippine Centre for Arts and Culture is a youth-led organization that fosters leadership and positive Filipino cultural identification through arts presentation and professional development. KAPISANAN is a gathering place and networking hub for youth, artists, and entrepreneurs seeking creative and professional opportunities. Nestled in one of the most vibrant and diverse enclaves in Toronto, Kensington Market, the Kapisanan Philippine Centre for Arts and Culture has grown to become a focal point for arts mentorship, arts and cultural workshops and events. http://www.kapisanancentre.com
Start date: IMMEDIATELY
Work schedule: 3 days/week (which days are flexible)
(3 months; possibility of extension)
We are willing to work with a university or college to arrange academic credit or high school co-op placement.
THIS POSITION IS UNPAID — your payment is real world experience under the mentorship of professionals, and/or co-op placement credit.
Please send your resume and cover letter indicating “Marketing Communications Intern” in the subject (and any relevant video work if applicable) by e-mail or in person to:
Caroline Mangosing – Executive Directoe
167 Augusta Ave.
(2 blks West of Spadina, North off Dundas)
Please call ahead if you are dropping off your application
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS is January 15, 2010 at 5:00 pm
KAPISANAN is an equal opportunity employer.
Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.