KAPISANAN seeks VIDEO PRODUCTION INTERN!
POSITION AVAILABLE @ KAPISANAN: Video Production INTERN
REPORTS TO: Web Media Content Producer and Executive Director
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Kapisanan is seeking interns for its video production team. Interns will play a key role in helping add to and refine the rapidly growing video library for our centre. The video production and post-production internship provides a learning experience during which interns participate in all aspects of video production and post-production. During this program you will have an opportunity to enhance your skills while working under the direction of a mentor within the Kapisanan Media Production community.
RESPONSIBLITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
– Assistance in filming by arranging lighting, camera, and other production equipment.
– Assistance in scheduling shoots, such as organizing location availability, and cast & crew arrivals.
– Assistance in equipment pick-ups and drop-offs.
– Editing, compiling, uploading, and publishing both new and previously shot video content on a variety of platforms, such as web and DVD.
– Potentially some work in front of the camera.
– Communicate regularly with Content Producer or Executive Director on the status of the production work.
– Able to take responsibility for increasing one’s knowledge of technology.
– Complete all tasks in a timely fashion with high quality of work.
– Ability to work at least three full days in the Kapisanan office per week for a 3 month period, plus film events evenings when events take place.
– Carry out all responsibilities in a professional, timely and effective manner.
– Be organized and responsible professional with the ability to function as a team member.
– Good organizational and time-management skills; able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
QUALIFICATIONS / INTERESTS:
We are seeking a dynamic, committed young person with:
– Interest in filming and editing video segments.
– Familiarity with basic digital video recording (training will be initially provided by Kapisanan mentor)
– Familiarity with basic video editing software (training will be initially provided in Final Cut by Kapisanan mentor)
– Familiarity with Web video publishing tools and specifications. (training will be initially provided by Kapisanan mentor)
– Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Keen interest or some background in the arts and culture production.
The Kapisanan Philippine Centre for Arts and Culture is a youth-led organization that fosters leadership and positive Filipino cultural identification through arts presentation and professional development. KAPISANAN is a gathering place and networking hub for youth, artists, and entrepreneurs seeking creative and professional opportunities. Nestled in one of the most vibrant and diverse enclaves in Toronto, Kensington Market, the Kapisanan Philippine Centre for Arts and Culture has grown to become a focal point for arts mentorship, arts and cultural workshops and events.
Start date: IMMEDIATELY
Work schedule: 3 days/week
(3 months; possibility of extension)
school credit potential
THIS POSITION IS UNPAID — your payment is real world experience under the mentorship of professionals, and/or co-op placement credit.
Please send your resume and cover letter indicating “Video Intern” in the subject (and any relevant video work if applicable) by e-mail or in person to:
167 Augusta Ave.
(2 blks West of Spadina, North off Dundas)
Please call ahead if you are dropping off your application
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS is January 15, 2010 at 5:00 pm
KAPISANAN is an equal opportunity employer.
Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.