Check out our compilation of links seen around the net:
Intimate Terrorist - Oct 4 at KPC, 9pm
– If you’re cool and awake enough to go out for Nuit Blanche this weekend, you might want to check out Intimate Terrorist at KPC starting this Saturday, October 4. Its an interactive installation offering at Toronto Nuit Blanche 2008 and its another good reason to check out the centre. The Intimate Terrorist Collective is: Jun Amihan, Christine Mangosing, Jennifer Maramba and Anda Untila.
While you’re in, you might as well check out the new and vacant desk spaces for rent, then spread the word to your cool and progressive industrious friends in need of an inspiring place to work.
– Screw Canada if they won’t let us eat with a fork and a spoon! Luc Cagadoc has every right to eat Boy Bawang, Dinuguan and Rice with a big green sili and use his fork AND his spoon while eating — and so do we all! Seems that the Quebec Human Rights Commission doesn’t agree.
– Maybe they should attend the Critical Filipino History Workshops going on every Thursday at the KPC. You can drop in and from what I hear, it’s a full room. Which is weird considering the subject — but damn cool. Maybe we’re figuring out how cool it is to be who we are, no?
– The Film Festival is long over and who are we kidding — how many of us are going to watch a film that starts at 10pm on a Tuesday at the Jackman Hall AGO Theatre/lecture hall, even if it is Filipino Director-Master Lino Brocka. Luckily, you can go back to the days when Filipino cinema was actually good and when Hilda Koronel was a FOX — by watching some of the films HERE. There’s some Brocka, oooh — and Batch 81? This is textbook, kiddies.
– There’s some shit goin’ down in Mindanao, but we wouldn’t be surprised if you didn’t know the deal. That info hard to find its way to the top of any news page, but luckily we’ve got alternative means. Moro rebel leader Ameril Ombra Kato has taken the homeland battle to a new level by using Youtube. Viral media and social networks aren’t limited to latte-sipping Web 2.0 douchebags after all.
– What are you going to be for Halloween? Be Filipino, that can be pretty damn scary.